The Ministry of Health has confirmed eight more cases of COVID-19, bringing the number of confirmed cases in Uganda to nine.
According to the health Ministry, all the eight cases are Ugandan nationals who travelled to Uganda from the United Arab Emirates on March 20 and 22, 2020.
The Health Minister, Dr Jane Ruth Aceng says that the number of confirmed cases show that United Arab Emirates might have been under-reporting cases because initially, Dubai has not among Uganda`s high risk countries.
According to Dr Aceng who called on the travelers who have been in Dubai for the last two weeks to call their district health office said that six of the cases were picked from the airport while two were found in their homes where they are reported to have been self quarantining. Hon. Dr. Jane Aceng speaking………
Uganda announced its first case on Saturday March 21,2020 a 36 year old male who had traveled to Dubai on March 17th for business purposes.
At this moment, the government is still trying to locate 84 people who are believed to have come into contact with the country’s first case. So far, more than 700 cases of the disease have been confirmed in Africa. END